Friday, May 25, 2012

Grilled Salsa


Grilled Salsa

4 large firm tomatoes
2 to 4 jalapenos
1/2 of a medium onion
3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
1/4 cup cilantro
3 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon cumin

Rub oil over tomatoes, jalapenos, and onion. 


Grill over high heat until chard on all sides.  


Remove stem from tomatoes.  Cut top off of jalapenos.  Slice jalapenos lengthwise.  Scrape out seeds.


Combine all ingredients in blender.  


Cover.  Blend until well mixed


When we were in Mexico last month, my husband could not get enough of this salsa.  After asking several people, I finally got the recipe. The key to making this salsa is getting the vegetables as charred as possible.  The more char, the better the flavor.


I am in Cape Town, South Africa.  
You can follow my trip by visiting my Facebook page.


Visit my friends blogs!

You will love Bo and his blog,  Bo's Bowl.  Not only does he host great giveaways,  his recipes are incredible!  One visit to his blog and you will see why I faithfully follow it.

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too!

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm this sounds good. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great recipe that I want to try. Great pics too, especially that first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Goodness this salsa sounds amazing and I finally have a grill! I can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salsa is amazing food and lot people like me love it to have. You have given us great recipe how to make one and surly by the looks of your post pictures. Its yummy... cheers..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now you KNOW that I love this!

    ReplyDelete